Friday, July 31, 2009

The Greatest Weakness in the Body of Christ


The Body can only be in agreement when following the Head…..

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:10-13.

When the Body of Christ determines that the Head, being the Christ, is to be followed our world will be visibly upset by His Grace. Until then our world will only continue in its rush to total calamity until it is upset and is down on collective knees.

But the Jews, becoming jealous and taking along some wicked men from the market place, formed a mob and set the city in an uproar; and attacking the house of Jason, they were seeking to bring them out to the people. When they did not find them, they began dragging Jason and some brethren before the city authorities, shouting, "These men who have upset the world have come here also; and Jason has welcomed them, and they all act contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus." Acts 17:5-7.

Of course, I am only able to speak from my Baptist Perspective and from what I personally know and have heard from others. There seems to be very little cohesiveness and collective agreement as to what God’s direction is for the Local Church. As is seen in 1 Corinthians 1:9, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." This seems to be the continuous attitudes of most local churches and the greater majority stays at home on business meeting dates ‘to let the others make the decisions.’ But when this happens there is chaos when a certain Committee Chairman stands before the church and announces a new building is to be constructed. Then we hear the words of Paul again, “Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Where is the Lord in the midst of the Local Church? What I must say is that He is NOT present in division and will not be until the Local Church becomes the Body of Christ assembled in His Name.

"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matthew 18:19-20.

Until the Local Church assembled truly becomes the Body of Christ gathered in Jesus’ Name, there will be little chance of unity…the Body of Christ must garner control.

And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.” Matthew 12:25-29.

The Body of Christ must bind the power of spiritual forces that have entered where the Body has gathered. Those who are not Believers must be dealt with in the spirit of God’s love and not be allowed to cause division. Until this happens there will be division in the local church and the Body of Christ will be disadvantaged…….

No comments:

Post a Comment