Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Eternal Witness of Truth

I fear for my country when a legislator is told to stand down while standing against untruth......

"You have sent to John, and he has testified to the truth. But the testimony which I receive is not from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was the lamp that was burning and was shining and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish--the very works that I do--testify about Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form. You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?f" John 5:33-44.

Jesus tells us the He is the Truth and John writes to his friend, “The elder to the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth. Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. For I was very glad when brethren came and testified to your truth, that is, how you are walking in truth.” 3 John 1:1-3.

For those of us who watched President Obama’s Health Care Speech last night, we heard Joe Wilson (R) South Carolina stand a remark that the President is a Liar. I found myself doing the same thing before Mr. Wilson stood and proclaimed his heart. But this is not the point. What is important is that we who know the Truth in Christ must stand firm in His Truth, against untruth of any kind and not be ashamed to do so. No apologies necessary.

For when we know the truth of God Who lives in us, that is, Jesus Christ we must stand for the truth. For far too long we have sat silently as those who brandish untruth and without fear of consequence conspire against all forms of truth. We have allowed, and we have participated in showering compliments on people without recognizing the Creator as the Bearer of all truth. Forgotten are our forefathers in the America of yesteryear who took truth to battle and won. WE have been too busy about gaining accolades for ourselves and now stand in a cesspool of horrible disarray.

Truth begins in the heart who knows Jesus Christ as Lord and continues in Him on the street corner of life. Truth is eternal, and begins and continues in Him. It is He that we should honor and not ourselves.

Jesus said, "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?” vv 43-44.

This is the Truth in which we must stand!!!

Jesus is Lord.
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment