Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We Do Not Need Revival, We Need Christ

________________________________________
Why should I spend my time consumed with revival for dying religious organizations when there are people all around who are in need of the Christ who has been forgotten inside those decaying buildings?
________________________________________

”But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:10-13.

“But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” Galatians 2:17-20.

Revival by definition is a reawakening of faith or renewal of commitment to religion, and this simply does not describe biblical faith in Christ. Faith, as demonstrated in Scripture is alive and is not generated by human means and is therefore not sustained by the same. Faith in Christ is

1. Confession all sin
2. Removal of anything that prevents fellowship with God
3. Obeying the Holy Spirit and
4. Proclaiming Christ publicly

No, we do not need revival, we need for Christians to stand where they are and proclaim, not their religion, but the Resurrected Christ. Revival is not the answer, Christ is the answer.

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. "And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” John 14:1-6.

Jesus is Lord
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment