Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Change of Attitude

One cannot forget the past, neither reach forward until that which is within is forgiven and reconciled in Christ Jesus as Lord.

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:7-11.

"Aircraft attitude is used to mean two closely related aspects of the situation of an aircraft in flight. In the simplest use it is the orientation of an aircraft with respect to the horizon. This is a function of two angles: pitch and roll. The pitch angle specifies the orientation of the aircraft's longitudinal axis, that is, whether the nose is pointing upwards, is level to the horizon, or is pointing downwards. The roll angle specifies whether the aircraft is banked left or right, or whether its wings are parallel to the horizon. The pilot adjusts the controls (the stick or the yoke) to adjust the aircraft attitude in order to keep the aircraft on course or turn or change altitude." http://yawiki.org/proc/Aircraft_attitude.

In all of the descriptions of aircraft attitude, I would want the longitudinal axis to be maintained in such a way that the aircraft that I am in will not crash.
And the same is true in reference to my spiritual attitude in Christ. Every Believer should be in compliance with the Christ to be in control of Spiritual Attitude at all times. If not, there will be an imminent crash.

I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, v 8.

Observing people will allow the Believer to be able to exercise an amazing ability to ‘read’ the spiritual attitudes of people in proximity but only if the Believer’s attitude in Christ is correct.

Using an illustration from aviation….I want my nose attitude to be correct in every situation. If the nose is down and not up in landing there will be a resounding and devastating crash. Spiritually speaking, attitude in Christ must be in concert with Him at all times while attempting to help others in their own spiritual flight.

The very best that the Believer is able to muster is not good enough in this life. The attitude of the Believer must “...be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith …” If attitude is different than this, there must be an adjustment of faith toward Christ and away from personal prowess.

It is in His righteousness alone that attitude change must come. When this occurs, the Believer then is in attitude to know the righteousness of Christ in the power of His resurrection and in the fellowship of His suffering.

Conformity is a word and action that most do not want to participate in because of the difficulty of it. However, conformity to the death of Christ will bring our image, character and attitude in alignment with Him. And when this is achieved, the Believer will then attain the resurrection from the dead with others who know Him as Lord.

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment