Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Secular Humanists in the Local Church

Secular Humanists combat the Christian religion from within the membership of the local church by being religious.

“The fact that humanism can at once be both religious and secular presents a paradox of course, but not the only such paradox. Another is that both Religious and Secular Humanism place reason above faith, usually to the point of eschewing faith altogether. The dichotomy between reason and faith is often given emphasis in humanism, with humanists taking their stand on the side of reason. Because of this, Religious Humanism should not be seen as an alternative faith, but rather as an alternative way of being religious.” Aug 19, 2009, http://www.americanhumanist.org

I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ, [and are turning] to a different gospel—not that there is another [gospel], but there are some who are troubling you and want to change the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! As we have said before, I now say again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him! For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not based on a human point of view. For I did not receive it from a human source and I was not taught it, but it came by a revelation from Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:6-11.

I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ, [and are turning] to a different gospel—not that there is another [gospel], but there are some who are troubling you and want to change the gospel of Christ. V6.

Have you ever wondered why your local church has so many problems that rage within? Stop and listen to the arguments that are made about the issues that are at hand, and then ask yourself, “Is this an argument based on Scripture or on the desire of the human heart?” IF the argument cannot find foundation in Scripture, my suggestion is that it is of the human heart and therefore Secular Humanism.

Look at the words of Paul to the Church in Galatia and think for a moment. Paul was speaking directly at the Judaizers that were reeking havoc on the infant Church there. Certainly, we are not addressing Judaizers in the 21st Century. However, Secular Humanism has become the norm in education, politics, economics, media, entertainment, etc. Because most people are not reading their Bibles, most of their knowledge comes from Secular Humanism that is controlling most of what is seen and heard.

To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed. Titus 1:15-16.

Many people who are, no doubt, Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ have been confused by the good deeds of their friends who are members of their local church. These ‘friends’ sound good, fill a seat in the sanctuary and are choir members, deacons, Bible teachers and some are standing behind the pulpit, but they are not members of the Body of Christ. Beware of who your friends ‘in Christ’ might be.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! As we have said before, I now say again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him! Vv 8-9.

What is happening inside the local church is a not so silent Destructor and sometimes they do not recognize what they are doing, but others are there with malice. Arguments are made without regard to Biblical concepts, but their words make good, common sense. This makes their arguments come from the perspective of Secular Humanism. Beware of them because their words are contrary to the Gospel Message are to be accursed.

Some may be upset with these words, however, my intent is clear. I am making an effort to caution people of good intentions about those whose intent is deceptive and not so pure. I am not attempting to please men and women with these words of caution, but only am I pleasing God.

For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not based on a human point of view. v 10.

Sometimes the obvious may not be so obvious to some, but it is obvious to others. Paul is speaking about Judaizers. I am writing about Secular Humanism that has crept into the local church unrecognized because of the culture in which we live. Be aware of what is going on around us.

For I did not receive it from a human source and I was not taught it, but it came by a revelation from Jesus Christ. V. 11.

Now, I am not foolish enough to say that I have received what I am writing as coming by revelation from Jesus Christ for in doing so my words would be Scripture and this is not the case. However, I am wise enough to understand our culture and am able to see what is taking place within the local church. Our culture has succumbed to Secular Humanism and has invaded the local church with Trojan Horses and they have befriended many of the faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment