Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Faith Cannot Stand Alone

People of faith have always been easy to identify and those who have no faith are just as easily forgotten.
_________________________________________________________________

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. James 2:14-18.

People of faith have always been easy to identify and those who have no faith are just as easily forgotten. And the difference between them is quite obvious. One with faith is normally going about living without saying a great deal about who they are, but those without faith are normally very boisterous about their identity. Those who live without attempting to draw attention have no identity crisis while the folks who speak loudly are seeking the spotlight. People of faith demonstrate their faith as they carve memories in stone and those without faith fade away just as footprints fade with the receding tides.

Faith is recognized as flowing from the heart of the bearer not from the clanging of bells and cymbols. Faith is clearly demonstrated by our response to the Christ in all that we do, no matter how it may appear.

But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed.”For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it." Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, "Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel.” Matthew 8:8-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment